James de Gaspé Bonar
Ph.D., CEC, PCC
September 08, 2019
“I have had a number of executive coaches in the past, but in the end of the day they went nowhere. I need real, lasting results!” We have heard this refrain from corporate, government and non-profit clients at the Bonar Institute. To ensure productive executive coaching, we offer clients our proven, customized six-month results-driven program - with clearly defined SMART Goals. We focus on client accountability and meaningful application in the execution of our clients’ managerial responsibilities.
Our proven methodology is tailored to the specific requirements of each client. We coach the whole person, as needed, including acting as a confidential mentor.
Step 1: Assessment: A 360 assessment prior to the start of the coaching engagement. This assessment serves as the benchmark of success for the coaching sessions to follow.
- The recommended 360 assessment tool is the EQ360 Leadership Report which links emotional intelligence to leadership development. The Report includes evaluation of the following key elements: Self-Perception, Self-Expression, Interpersonal Relations, Decision-Making and Stress-Management.
Step 2: Discovery Session with the corporate sponsor (usually the client’s superior), the client, and the coach:
Reach a clear understanding on expectations and deliverables of the coaching engagement, including:
- Desired outcomes
- Progress reporting to corporate sponsor
- Confidentiality requirements of corporate sponsor and client
Step 3: Finalize Program Design with client:
- Debrief of 360 Assessment with client and the setting of SMART Goals
Step 4: Execution of the program
Step 5: Mid-point Progress Report Meeting with corporate sponsor and client:
- Modifications made to program, if required
Step 6: Overall Evaluation of Engagement with corporate sponsor and client
- Were the desired outcomes achieved?
Step 7: Follow-Up Client Mentoring by Superior
- Monthly for 15 -30 minutes to ensure the integration of new learnings/behaviours into the client’s execution of managerial responsibilities.
Step 8: Optional Two Post-Engagement “Check-In” Sessions
- Meet with client at 6 and 12- month marks, to verify on progress towards lasting results.
At the Bonar Institute, we believe that our powerful customized results-driven coaching program is one of the most important investments an organization can make in leadership development. To be successful however, we need our clients’ commitment to work collaboratively with us to achieve the lasting results their organizations require.
Please contact us for more information on how we can help you succeed.